JACKSON TWP: The Jackson Township Zoning Department has updated its fee schedule, which will begin Jan. 1. Zoning Department Inspector Joni Poindexter said at Tuesday's trustee meeting that the fees have not changed since 2006.
The new fee schedule will affect zoning certificates, application to the Board of Zoning Appeals, zoning amendments, conditional use permits and other zoning fees established by the Board of Trustees. The following changes will be instituted New Years Day:
Residential new construction uses
- Single-family dwelling: $125
- Two-family dwelling: $175
- Three-family dwelling: $200
Residential accessory uses
- Accessory buildings and structures, pods, wood burning furnaces, fire damage repair: $35
- Alterations and additions: $35
- In-ground private swimming pools: $125
Commercial, recreational and industrial new construction structures and uses
- New construction: $300
- Accessory, addition and interior remodeling of commercial, recreational and industrial uses:
- Accessory buildings or structures, alterations and additions and fire damage repair: $150
- Pools: $150
- Temporary buildings, storage pods, construction trailers and sales offices: $125
- Certificate of compliance-$50
- Fees have changed according to the size of the signs. Residents will have to call the township for the new fees.
Application for board of appeals
- Variance request: $250
- Conditional use request: $300
- Renewal or review requests: $250
- Map or text amendment: $400
These new fee changes are for the certificates needed by the township. All new construction and changes in zoning cannot be done without permits or certificates ordered by the zoning department.
For more information on fee changes or requests for zoning permits or certificates, please call the Jackson Township Zoning and Planning Department at 330-832-8023.
7383 Fulton Drive NW, Massillon, OH 44646
Police Dispatch: 330-832-1553
7383 Fulton Drive NW, Massillon, Ohio 44646
Emergency Fire Dispatch: 330-499-6666
5735 Wales Avenue NW, Massillon, Ohio 44646
Stark County District Library:
Jackson Township Branch
7487 Fulton Drive NW, Massillon, OH 44646